- Model NO.: Ultra-Etch Refill
- Usage Times: Disposable
- Applicable Departments: Dental Department
- Certification: CE, FDA
- Medical Devices Ad. Approval No.: Gsyjxjj-2012-2631238
- Specification: 1.2ml
- Usage: Etchant
- Material: Gel
- Nature: Specialized Instrument Equipment
- Medical Device Regulatory Type: Type 2
- Trademark: Ultradent
- Origin: USA
- 1 x 1.2ml syringes
- 2 x Blue Micro tips
Ultra-Etch is a 35% phosphoric acid solution. It features ideal viscosity, which, along with the use of the Blue Micro® or Inspiral® Brush tip, facilitates precision placement and superior control. Ultra-Etch is self-limiting in its depth of etch (average depth of 1.9μm with 20-second etch),1 creating an etch pattern that adhesives can penetrate for increased bond strength and reduced sensitivity. Studies demonstrate that Ultra-Etch's unique self-limiting chemistry creates an optimal surface to receive resin.2 Though Ultra-Etch is viscous, it can penetrate into the smallest fissures or occlusal surfaces due to physical and chemical properties that promote capillary action. Its ideal viscosity maintains a layer thick enough to prevent premature drying.
- Penetrates smallest fissures but won't migrate on a vertical surface
- Increases bond strength and reduces sensitivity
- Places precisely and rinses clearly
- Rinses cleanly-leaves no residue
Indications for Use
Ultra-Etch can be placed in any location, including lingual approaches to Class III restorations. It works nicely for etching before bonding composites, sealants, or adhesives.
Ideal for Etching Dentin and Enamel
Self-Limiting Chemistry Creates Optimal Surface
Optimal ViscosityUltra-Etch is uniquely formulated with a viscosity that is thin enough to penetrate the smallest fissures but thick enough to prevent it from running on vertical surfaces, so it's perfect for any restoration in any part of the mouth.
Self-LimitingUltra-Etch is proven to be uniquely self-limiting in its depth of etch, with an average depth of 1.9μm using a 15-second etch. In a study comparing etchants, liquid phosphoric acid (37%) showed an average of 5.0μm at 20 seconds, and a competing "polymer-thickened" etchant a 4.8μm depth.2 Acids with this greater depth of etch go beyond the optimum level and increase the potential for incomplete resin impregnation.
Easy Placement and RemovalThe signature blue color of Ultra-Etch is easy to see, so it helps in precise placement and complete removal.
The Industry Leader for Over 20 YearsUltra-Etch has been called a "Can't Live Without" product,3 it's been called "Tried & True,"4 and it's been a 5-star award winner5 for years on end. Simply put, Ultra-Etch is the best.
- "Ultra-Etch has the best consistency and viscosity I've found. I've used it every day in my practice for over 19 years. Etches that come in kits or as samples are never opened…and some are hard to give away!"
Dr. C. Bradford Thomas - Galveston, TX
- "Year after year, Ultra-Etch provides ease of application, instant rinseability, and consistent etch pattern. It is, quite simply, the best!"
Dr. Robert J. Marolt - White Bear Lake, MN
- "Although Ultra-Etch is a common, everyday product, I can rave about it since I use it every day, all day long. I like the color and consistency of the gel, and I am always sure of its quality. I have been using it for many, many years, and I can't live without it."
Dr. Gerald Bloom - Holliston, MA
- "I am a self-proclaimed 'bondodontist.' I use Ultra-Etch almost every time I sit down to work. It is perfect-especially the viscosity. It goes where you want it to go and stays there until I rinse it off. Other reps are always bringing me something to try, and it either doesn't flow, flows too much, or doesn't come in a syringe. Enough said."
Dr. David D. May - Hemet, CA
- "Ultra-Etch has the perfect consistency. It goes on the tooth nice and smoothly, not too runny or too thick. I've tried all the other brands, but I keep coming back to my good old Ultra-Etch. Fun blue color to boot. Ultra-Etch makes etching satisfying!"
Dr. Jeany Lee - Seattle, WA
- "Ultra-Etch is the only one on the market that flows smoothly and stays where you place it. The etch never dries out and the delivery tips are superb for allowing the practitioner to precisely place the product. Whenever I have the unfortunate opportunity to use another company's acid-etch product, I cannot wait to use Ultradent's acid etch again. It makes me appreciate the product even more!"
Dr. Robert Cox - Richmond, VA